A car makes life easier, saves time and effort, and using public transport can be very tedious. You must do car inspection and service regularly. To diagnose a vehicle engine and overall performance, the OBD-2 scanners are the leading innovation.
Among the several OBD-2 scanners, FIXD and BlueDriver are the best examples for checking vehicle health issues. In this article, we will present Fixd Vs Bluedriver: Which One is Better? I have tested both devices and I will tell you in detail about the OBD-2 car diagnostic tools.
Table of Content:
Here is the table content of the fixd vs bluedriver for your quick navigation.
If you want to compare the FIXD and Bluedriver at a glance, check out the comparison chart below:
Fixd Vs Bluedriver: Main Differences
The Fixd and BlueDriver provide the same type of service, but they have some unique features that make them different from each other. The features would help you to pick the exact OBD2 car diagnostic scanner.
The innovative auto diagnostic tool has some unique features and let’s see them below:
- Onboard Diagnosis: The Fixd has an advanced onboard diagnosis system that helps to detect in real-time which problem your car is currently experiencing.
- Supported vehicle: The monitor is working together with the FIXD app on all petrol-driven cars that are built after 1996.
- No battery to run: It does not require an extra battery because it started when you start your car. So, there is not anything to fear about recharging.
- Maintenance alert: The device sends an alert of the time of servicing and maintenance as you set it. Its history log helps to understand vehicle servicing and performance details easily. So, the vehicle will run longer than the average time of the period.
- Save time and money: It ensures a quiet trip without fear that something will happen to the car and you will have to consult an expensive mechanic. It shows the problem and you can take action immediately.
Also, Bluedriver has amazing features that ensure a car diagnosis easily. Let’s see below:
- Onboard diagnosis: Bluedriver OBD-2 allows you to read and erase diagnostic codes.
- Instant report: Being a high-end device, it offers you instant data logging through the graph of the engine parameters.
- Detect engine problems: Automatically reading the DTCs will generate a detailed list of the vehicle, where it will indicate the faults reflected and the possible solutions to the problem it presents.
- Advanced reading mode: It provides advanced data readings, such as misfire counting through Advanced Mode readings 6.
- Data sharing option: The list of vehicle errors and the repair data can be printed or shared through an email.
If you are looking for a lightweight and featured OBD-2 scanner, Fixd is one step ahead of the BlueDriver. Let’s check out their suitability here:
With this FIXD car monitor, you can observe your car’s condition at any time and save time and money. Indeed, you can plan repairs before breaking down and know the prices in advance, which prevents you from being fooled by the mechanic.
Also, FIXD is compatible with gasoline vehicles produced from 1996 onwards and OBD-2 port included diesel vehicles manufactured after 2009. So basically, it works with almost all cars. It is a complete car monitor and shows TPMS that enhances the diagnostic more accurately than other devices. If you want to learn more about Fixd device, then check Fixd review.
The most surprising thing about this Bluedriver scanner is its innovative program compatible with iOS and Android platforms, which make this automotive tool the most effective compared to other devices.
In addition to being the ideal equipment for any automotive professional, it will provide quick solutions that will save you time and money. It only supports a single vehicle and works after the 1996 model cars.
3. Supported Number of Vehicles
The Fixd only worked with hybrid-powered cars after the 1996 models and diesel cars after the 2009 models. Also, it works on gas-powered trucks and buses that weigh under 6.5 tons. You can link about 5 vehicles with a device.
The Bluedriver OBD2 works perfectly with vehicles after 1996 with an OBD2 port. All its functions, such as the search for trouble codes and repair reports, can be scanned perfectly. In the particular case of Enhanced Diagnostics, it may not be available for a specific brand of vehicle. The brands where you will get an improved diagnosis are GM, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Volkswagen, and Honda. The car diagnostic tool can be connected with a car only.
4. Affordability and Price
Fixd is more affordable and less costly than the BlueDriver OBD2 car diagnostic tool. Let’s see their price ranges:
The price of the FIXD is 59.99 dollars with 30 days money-back guarantee and a 1-year service warranty with free shipping in the USA. They accept all types of payment methods and are secured by Shopify. At this price, it is the only cheapest OBD2 car scanning tool.
BlueDriver is costly in comparison with the FIXD car diagnostic tool. The BlueDriver’s cost is 99.95 dollars and only sold on Amazon with free shipping delivery. The price is nearly double than FIXD driver, but the BlueDriver does not present TPMS to monitor the vehicle accurately.
5. How to Use
Both devices are car OBD-2 based car diagnostic tools and easy to plug-in, use, and operate. Let’s discover how to use them.
Here I have presented how to use the Fixd OBD2 code reader work.
- Connect the OBD2 socket under your steering wheel. Check beforehand that you have one of these sockets under your dashboard.
- Download the mobile application for free.
- Fill in your information. The FIXD app will ask you for the code. It is noted behind the FIXD box.
- Once it’s done, your smartphone is connected to the FIXD OBD2 box!
It is very easy to use, durable, and can take it anywhere for its practical and compact design. Let’s see how to use Bluedriver:
- At first, connect the Bluedriver on your car OBD-2 port.
- Get the Bluedriver OBD app on your smartphone and run it.
- It will ask for Bluetooth permission and allow it.
- Then, you will see the light on the device is blinking.
Now, check everything on the app and it will alert if anything wrong happens.
Fixd Vs Bluedriver: Which One is Better?
According to the comparison of Fixd Vs Bluedriver, the FIXD is recommended for its lightweight, affordable price and car monitoring performance. You can use the BlueDriver in only a single vehicle, but the FIXD can be used up to 5 vehicles at a time. Fixd is also a good option for multiple car owners.
If you are a professional, I think fixd will provide you better support than BlueDriver because FIXD provides TPMS that enhances the car diagnosis and monitoring so you can detect the problem and source easily. If you want to get the FIXD OBD2 scanner, I recommend you to get it from here.